The College is organized into three divisions as follows:
Humanities: Art, Chinese and Japanese, Classics, English, French, German, Music, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Russian, Spanish, and Theatre.
Science: Biological Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Library, Mathematics Laboratory, Mathematics and Statistics, Science Laboratory, Physics, and Psychology.
Social Studies: Anthropology, Economics, Education, History, Physical Education, Political Science, Reading Laboratory, Sociology, and Writing Laboratory.
Additional academic programs include:
- Alternate Language Study Option (ALSO) Program
- Foreign Language Across the Curriculum
- General Literary Studies Program
- Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies, an interdivisional major program
- General Science, an interdepartmental major program
- Grinnell-in-London and Grinnell-in-Washington, D.C.
- Humanities and Social Studies, divisional course offerings
- Interdisciplinary Concentrations: American Studies, East Asian Studies, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Global Development Studies, Latin American Studies, Linguistics, Neuroscience, Policy Studies, Russian, Central, and Eastern European Studies, and Technology Studies
Courses listed in this catalog are subject to change through normal academic channels.