The College is organized into three divisions as follows:
Humanities: Art and Art History, Chinese and Japanese, Classics, English, French and Arabic, German Studies, Music, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Russian, Spanish, and Theatre and Dance.
Science: Biological Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Library, Mathematics Laboratory, Mathematics and Statistics, Science Laboratory, Physics, and Psychology.
Social Studies: Anthropology, Economics, Education, History, Physical Education, Political Science, Reading Laboratory, Sociology, and Writing Laboratory.
Additional academic programs include:
- Alternate Language Study Option (ALSO) Program
- Foreign Language Across the Curriculum
- General Literary Studies Program
- Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies, an interdivisional major program
- General Science, an interdepartmental major program
- Grinnell-in-London and Grinnell-in-Washington, D.C.
- Humanities and Social Studies, divisional course offerings
- Concentrations: American Studies, East Asian Studies, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Global Development Studies, Latin American Studies, Linguistics, Neuroscience, Peace and Conflict Studies, Policy Studies, Russian, Central, and Eastern European Studies, Science, Medicine & Society (available Fall 2020), Statistics, Studies in Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia, and Technology Studies (not available after Spring 2020)
Courses listed in this catalog are subject to change through normal academic channels.