The College is organized into three divisions as follows:
Humanities: Alternate Language Study Option (ALSO) Program, Art History, Chinese and Japanese, Classics, English, French and Arabic, German Studies, Music, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Russian, Spanish, Studio Art, and Theatre and Dance Performance.
Science: Biological Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Library, Mathematics Laboratory, Mathematics and Statistics, Science Laboratory, Physics, and Psychology.
Social Studies: Anthropology, Economics, Education, History, Physical Education, Political Science, Reading Laboratory, Sociology, and Writing Laboratory.
Additional academic programs include:
- Foreign Language Across the Curriculum
- General Literary Studies Program
- Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies, an interdivisional major program
- General Science, an interdepartmental major program
- Grinnell-in-London and Grinnell-in-Washington, D.C.
- Humanities and Social Studies, divisional course offerings
- Concentrations: American Studies, Digital Studies, East Asian Studies, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Film and Media Studies, Global Development Studies, Latin American Studies, Linguistics, Neuroscience, Peace and Conflict Studies, Policy Studies, Russian, Central, and Eastern European Studies, Science, Medicine & Society, Statistics, Studies in Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia
Courses listed in this catalog are subject to change through normal academic channels.